CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Ugly Sweater Party

After plenty of complaining to my friend Tricia about the fact that we were arriving in town too late to attend any Christmas parties, she gave in and decided to host a post-Christmas Holiday extravaganza!  (just for me, I’m sure :)

We decided to make it an “Ugly Sweater Party” because after Christmas is over, you can find some great deals on these baby’s!  It was so much fun to get out and enjoy other adults.  We need to do it more often!  Thank you Buss’s.  Can’t wait till next year’s party!

PArty-0147

This was our “serious face” pose.  My favorite is Seth holding Tricia’s dog.  It’s the perfect look to compliment his outfit.

PArty-0148

And our silly face pose….

PArty-0150

And of course the “cracking up after our funny face” pose…..

PArty-0133

Seth and I in our holiday attire.  Let me explain Seth’s outfit: My brother Bryce had access to a stellar ensemble that I wanted to get my hands on, but couldn’t.  So I headed down to Savers in an effort to re-create it.  Forest Green corduroy pants (highly pleated and oh-so unattractive, btw).  One black dickey covered by a thin cream sweater (yum!) and to top it all off, the maroon jacket with stunning Christmas lapel bling.  He was so funny!  I am wearing my sister Stephanie’s favorite Christmas sweater fresh from her days working at Christopher & Banks back in the 90’s.  (Yes, she really wears this sweater, and yes, she loves it! ) It even had shoulder pads- and stunning gold rope trim. Bless!

 

So, as Rachel was taking our “Couple’s Photo’s” we started laughing about how it looked like we were at a high school dance, so everyone started posing in their favorite "high school dance pose”.  I was cracking up.  Here are a few of my favorite poses:

PArty-0136

PArty-0137

PArty-0140

Oh dear- I am still cracking up just looking at them.

PArty-0122

PArty-0144

The winners:  Posing for their podium finish- Seth with the Gold medal, Justin with the Silver and Rich with the bronze.  Rich’s pink sweater kept cracking me up and Justins was so funny.  I don’t know if you can see it very well in the pictures, but he had stapled enormous pine boughs onto his sleeves and there was a giant musical tree on the front of his sweater that lights up and dances around when you push a button.  It was all highly entertaining.

Oh Wow- what a great night! Can’t wait until next year – I am planning my outfit already, and I recently acquired a few fantastic White Elephant gifts- so if you are coming, watch out!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sidenote: Amberlee's Hair and Make-up were in an effort to be ALL in on the Ugly Sweater Party, All in people. I have no excuse for my pale skin, just need to go back to Lake Powell REAL SOON. I loved this party and XOXO to my hot date!

Michelle said...

Amberlee you did look especially lovely in that outfit and your perfectly coiffed hair.

Um what the crap are Seth and Justin wearing????