CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 2, 2012

December Catch-up

Some stuff from December that I forgot to post:

IMG_3354

We got the idea off of a friends blog to wrap all of our Christmas stories this year.  It went really well and I believe will be a new Wallace family tradition.  You number the books and the kids get to open one every night as a countdown to Christmas.  An easy, cheap advent calendar!  Someone I told about this thought that I went out and bought 25 new Chrismas stories, to which I said, “Heavens No!” Just wrap up all of your old ones.  The kids loved it!

IMG_3378

Making Christmas cookies (a giant disaster- but fun!)

 

IMG_3412 IMG_3415

The first snowfall of the year here in P-rice.  (and apparently the last……)

IMG_3409

The house we are renting here has an incredibly long driveway.  We spent hours trying to shovel it, highly unsuccessfully.  A kind neighbor came over afterwards and blew it all away with his snowblower in about 5 minutes.  We REALLY need to invest in one.

IMG_3413

IMG_3540

Noodle lost two more teeth this month, leaving him with the classic “all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth” smile!

IMG_3542

 

Kenni was a winner at the elementary school’s annual “Christmas hat parade”. I was informed about this event the night before the parade around 8:30 (of course)- so the only thing we could think of on such short notice was to glue fake Christmas presents all over her lovely hat.  Apparently it was a hit because she came home with a prize.

 

And last but not least we had the annual Lewis family Christmas party at my mom’s house the weekend before Christmas.  The Lewis’ are my cousins on my mom’s side of the family, and after Grandma Lewis passed away, we weren’t sure if we would ever get to see those cousins anymore, so I am so grateful to my parents for continuing to hold this humongous event.  The big man himself always makes an appearance, and my kids look forward to it all year.

IMG_3440

IMG_3427

IMG_3441

IMG_3448

Smurfy was my favorite.  It took a long time for them to call his name, but when he finally heard it, he leapt up and started dancing around like he had just been chosen for the Price is Right!

IMG_3416

Baby J was NOT a fan.  Luckily I got this photo before she began wailing.

IMG_3471

Ha Ha!  Yes, after 12 years with our family, our dog Molly got her first opportunity to sit on Santa’s lap.  Since we were staying with my parents for the weekend, she happened to be there with us and I thought it would be funny to put her on Santa’s lap.  Luckily, Santa didn’t seem to mind. Awwww…….

1 comments:

Meg said...

Could Smith get any cuter than with Santa? We just not figured out that he was a donkey...thought it was a coon hat at first (in the Nativity pic). Ben and I were laughing. I won't write what we were saying...something like he was the cutest little .... well, you know!
All the pics of Baby J and Smif are so adorable. They are just these two cool little kids hanging out together.