The Carbon Rec. Center offered a free ice skating day last Saturday over at the fairgrounds, and the Wallace’s love free! I told everyone that I had signed us up to attend on Friday and you should have heard the grumbling- “I don’t know how to ice skate mom!”, “That sounds boring”, “Its too cold to ice skate”, “its not cold enough to ice skate!” –that last one came from Meteorologist Seth. It does seem weird to have an outdoor skating rink when the weather has been well into the 40’s for the past week or so.
At least, it did until we arrived. The Carbon County fairgrounds sits in a strange little cold spot that is at least 10 degrees colder than the surrounding area and much, much windier. We almost just drove back home. But, we stuck it out like true Wallaces- and so glad we did because it was really fun!
Sparky- the number ONE complainer ended up being a natural! He even wants to go do it again next Saturday!
The little ones were a bit more difficult. I ended up driving back home to get a chair for them to push around. It made all the difference in the world!
There were still plenty of falls, though.
Not sure what happened here…….
They served Chili, hot cocoa, and smores for the kids to roast by the fire. It was really great. I love the local rec center here. They offer so many fun activities, there is honestly something for everyone. Anyway- thanks to Carbon Rec for letting us use your skates, eat your food, and teach our kids to get out and try something new!






0 comments:
Post a Comment