When I was a kid, we looked forward every year to stake lagoon day! We knew it was the only chance our family would get to go to Lagoon because it is otherwise just too dang expensive. Now that I have a family of my own, stake lagoon day is still our tradition. We have a lot of friends and neighbors who have season passes and go all the time, but I think that takes some of the magic out of it! For us its still a once a year on that magical and dreadful day This year, I managed to convince my brother Marty’s family to come along with us. They were perfect Lagoon-mates. Our kids are the same ages, have the same “thrill-levels”, and are equally obnoxious. Also, they too, are Lagoon deprived and see it as a rare treat just to be there, so that’s fun! In fact, I was shocked when Lisa agreed to meet me there on such short notice. (Marty was later shocked when he discovered how much it costs, even with the Church discount. Its just not what it used to be. I told him to keep in mind that he has SIX KIDS…….)
Anyway- it was a great day (sweltering hot!) and I took loads of pictures, so here are a few!
Oh wait- I have to start by showing you this little bit of evolution evidenced in photographs! This is Baby J’s first time on an amusement park ride. As you can see, she is clearly not a fan. She is screaming and pointing at me to tell me that this is all my fault!
Now shes so offended she can’t even look at me!
Wait………wait- is that a smile I see????
Success! She now officially loves rides! PHew- what a drama queen She is going to kill me someday for this.
Ok, now we have all the kids lined up for Bombora. May I just say before our husbands arrived, Lisa and I did look pretty funny herding these ELEVEN children through the park. But we only lost one a few times
Isn’t that the cutest? I think they were nervous for the big coaster
Another Stake Lagoon Day on the books! Thank goodness we all survived!






1 comments:
gotta love lagoon! NOT!! haha but the kids so do!! Looks like everyone was enjoying it :)
Post a Comment