It has been a good long time since I participated in Ragnar. I thought it would be till hell froze over before I did it again, but somehow, I was convinced to join a team which needed some extra runners. And honestly- it was a blast! But let’s be real- I’m too old for this crap. I got a total of 2 hours of sleep and it took me a good three weeks to recover. THIS time, I really mean it when I say I will not participate in another multi-day relay, unless it comes with concierge service.
But for now, I have my memories. And they are great!
Here is a photo re-cap of the entire 30 ish hours: (beware, I took lots of pictures!)
Pre-race. I convinced Sethy to come run one leg with all us ladies. It was fun to have him along & he was a great sport!
Ha Ha! This one still makes me laugh! We were late for our start time so everyone else had already left. We sent Seth flying through the start gate all by himself. Our team was a hot mess pretty much the entire way through. :)
The ladies! (Our car minus seth at the starting line). If your wondering why I’m wearing an 80’s leotard its just because I’m a bit of a nut job. A guy on our team dared me to dress up and I couldn’t resist. Don’t worry, there are more unique outfits to come……
I call this one “Would you like some gatorade from a crazy lady in a unitard?????”
Doesn’t he look so happy after 9 miles? I think he’s just mad that he didn’t have very many “burns” because we started so late!
This is me bright and chipper as I started my first leg, and then about 5 miles in when I was considering throwing myself in front of oncoming traffic because it was so hot!!!
Huge nerd alert
Has anyone seen the bathrooms? I need to go really bad!
Liz rocking her run down Avon Pass
Our M.G. fan club. Awwwwwww!
Post 1st leg. All showered & throwing back some massive plates of pasta at Shannon’s house. These are my two new cute running friends Kelsie & Abby. They are like 12. Ok, I think they are 18. They were so much fun! (But I feel really old sitting next to them!)
Time for leg 2! This time Jason is filling in as Seth. He ran the 9 mile leg down snowbasin road and he rocked it!
My second leg and second super hot outfit. Those tiny shorts belonged to my FATHER. I found them in his raquetball bag and nearly died laughing. Then somehow they became part of my ragnar costume, along with his circa 1968 Pi-Kap shirt. This one’s for you Dad!
I took this picture of Liz at 4:00 a.m. just before we crashed on the floor of the high school gymnasium in our mummy bags. In case you can’t read the expression on her face, it says “Why the hell are we doing this??????”
This is just a funny team we saw the next morning in the parking lot of the high school. We loved their costumes, and yes, that 1992 boom box was fully cranked and jammin some beastie boys tunes. They were a crack up!
My third and final run (and costume). I call this one “get in shape, girl!” (remember that catchy little ditty????)
Liz’s first ever blister :)
Almost our whole team. Thank goodness its over! I really needed to sleep! Ok, now no more running posts for awhile. I need a vacation!






1 comments:
I love your outfits and especially your side pony! Also I love the picture of Liz at 4 am and this is why I don't run ragnar :)
Post a Comment