8 years old and beaming from ear to ear! This was a fun day for our family. Little Sparky- so grown up! We went back home to M.G. for the baptism since that is where all of our friends and family are. Since we were going directly from there to Oregon, I had to pack 10 days worth of clothing and everything I would need for the baptism, including food, paper plates, etc., all of our church clothes…. you get the picture. It was a LOT. But, like I said, it turned out great. We had all of my siblings there & all of Sparky’s cousins- not a single person from my family was absent. Unfortunately, not a single person from Seth’s family showed besides his parents, but that’s kind of typical for them. (Except Jer & Chris who had left early for Oregon). Oh, actually Seth’s step-sister Denise came which was so nice of her. She and her husband Tim were in town for the trip to Oregon, but they are not LDS or familiar with our culture at all, so I thought it was so kind to brave a ceremony of that type. I mean, its a long enough event for those of us who are required to attend :)
We went over to the Bowery after and the kids had the best time playing in the dry river bed while the adults relaxed and chatted. All the grown ups decided that it’s our new favorite place for a family get-together.
Seth forgot his temple clothes so he had to borrow some from Mike Lowder. It was a little comical watching him squeeze into Mike’s pants, but he did in fact get them on.
Our family portrait. Yes, I am a little neurotic about “matching” at these types of occasions. Yes, I get made fun of- but its all worth it. Look how adorable we are :) Need I say more?????






2 comments:
Mandy!!! You just made us ALL look so bad. We would have been there, had we lived 12 hours closer and didn't have part of the Wallace clan at our house! Parker got all grinny and happy when we asked him about his baptism, so cute! How cool is that for him and his Dad. We love Parker.
(Don't feel too bad tho, not all my family is in Utah or even shows up to all our stuff either.)
Can't wait for Nov 1st!
I love matching. Kenni looks good. Well at least now you have your girl book ends! Congrats hope you are doing well in Price.
Post a Comment