CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The ABC’s of Summer

A dear friend in M.G. started a fun summer tradition this year of doing field trip activities throughout the summer that followed along with the alphabet.  My family participated in as many of the activities as we could- and had a great time doing it!

IMG_2320

“A” day activity was for “Artists of All Ages!” You were supposed to decorate your driveway with sidewalk chalk & then take a family walk in the evening to enjoy everyone’s artwork.   As you can see, we had a good time with our artwork- and everyone helped, even baby J.

abc summer 015

“B” was for Baseball at the Bowery and a Brown Bag lunch!  This was one of my favorite activities because it was just a lazy day at the park chatting with ladies from the neighborhood and enjoying near perfect weather.

IMG_2361

“C” was for the Cardboard Car show & Cupcake walk!  The kids have especially fond memories of this event.  Me? Not so much!  We spent hours building those dang cars just to have fiasco after fiasco on our way to the park.  The little boys “train car” was especially a disaster!  Since there were 4 boys steering the thing, you can imagine that we had several train wrecks as they were trying to walk it over to the park.  At one point Smurfy just gave up and walked home and crawled into his bed!  It was sort of hilarious, actually.  Anyway- the kids insist that I display all of their cars with photo evidence, so here you go:

IMG_2351

The Train Wreck

IMG_2353 IMG_2354

Hay-bug & Ali (their car actually worked the best!)

Kenni whined because she couldn’t walk in hers!

IMG_2355

Sparky broke his about 3 minutes in…….

IMG_2362

My favorite….. Baby J spent hours in the backyard, “steering” her car.

 

 

Ok, on to the next event.

“D” was for the Drive-in movie.  We went to see Kung-Fu Panda 2 and the kids had a blast!  Unfortunately I didn’t get any pictures :(

 

“E” was for East Canyon

abcsummer 014

This one turned out to be really fun, too.  I hate to admit it, but I had never driven the 12 or so mile stretch of road between Morgan and East canyon.  I’m so glad we went  because it was so beautiful!  Someday I hope to be able to ride my bike that far- I can see why its such a popular ride now.

“F” was for Fathers Day.

IMG_2648

Everyone got together to make fun signs for our Dad’s for Fathers Day.  The goal was to hang them on your garage or in your front yard on fathers day & walk around & see everyone’s sign’s.  Unfortunately mother nature didn’t like this plan.  I snuck home 3 times during church to put our sign out on the lawn and EVERY time it started raining on me!  Unfortunately, I had the great plan of adding photo’s to Seth’s sign, so I couldn’t let it get wet- thus the in-home display.

 

“G& H” were combined activities.  Tammy was out of town & left me in charge and I dropped the ball just a hairrr…..

so we did a “Green pond Hike”.  Totally qualified for both G and H, right?  This was really fun and we had a great turn out. There were probably about 40 of us hiking along.  I so badly wish I would have remembered my camera, but I had 9 kids I was in charge of that day and it was all I could do just to get them up there on time!

 

Unfortunately this is where the ABC fun ended for the Wallace family.  It got to be too close to move day and I was too busy packing to attend the last few activities (Ice Skating & Ice Cream, Kindness week, and Lazy river Lunch were the last ones I remember……)

So, I guess that leaves me here to continue the tradition on my own.  I’ll start with “M”.

“Missing You from Price” :(

1 comments:

April said...

what a fun idea! And have fun in Price! I bet it was so hard to leave your friends and fun neighborhood! i only lived there a few months and it was so hard to leave! And cute kids!