CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Oregon Coast ‘11

Well, our long anticipated trip to Seaside, Oregon has come and gone and I must say, it was all we had hoped it would be and more.  Many thanks to Art & Lesli for getting us the amazing beach house and really making it possible for us to have a memorable vacation with all our (Seth’s) siblings and cousins. We had so much fun and took way too many pictures, so be prepared for overload. Here we go!

IMG_2878

Welcome to Seaside- an adorable boardwalk-style beach town right on the ocean.  It was so beautiful and there were a ton of cool things to do there- but of course, all we wanted to do was hang out at the beach. I was happy with a book, my lawn chair, and a pair of sunglasses.  The kids didn’t even whine or get tired.  They would play in the sand all day!

IMG_2745

IMG_2712

IMG_2720

IMG_2714

IMG_2779

IMG_2790 IMG_2743

This picture of Smurfy cracks me up.  He had a Hitler mustache made of sand for at least three hours and every time we tried to take a picture he scowled just like this, so he looked even more “Heil Hitler-ish”.

IMG_2828

We went to the Lewis & Clark National Park and of course the kids had to get their Junior Ranger badges.  (They are a little obsessed with the program……)

IMG_3868

We drove to Astoria and crossed the bridge over the Columbia into Washinton State. (a little terrifying….. they were doing construction on the bridge and we got stopped at the high part- at least 100 feet up over the water.  It gave me the heebies.)

IMG_2819

Ben & Megan brought a fun project for everyone to do- we made our own tie-dye t-shirts.  How very Oregonian of us.  It was actually really fun.

IMG_2785

And HERE are the RESULTS:

IMG_3759

That is a perfect Wallace/Unrein family portrait.  It sums us up nicely. :)

IMG_2847 

IMG_3662

The boys tried their hand at surfing (they were not good- but they tried really, really hard…..)

IMG_3672

IMG_3679

I love this picture.  Isn’t the coast so pretty! I had just come back from a run and I must say I really loved going for my morning runs in Oregon.  Partly cause I had some good company- I ran with Meg, Chris, and Seth.  But also because I got to try new things. I went trail running in a forest that was straight out of Twilight, I ran on the beach, twice, and I ran down the boardwalk on the edge of town- all things I could never do at home. 

IMG_3686

IMG_2806

IMG_2867 IMG_2872

 

 

 

 

 

 

We went into town & rode the carousel, got ice cream cones, and went to the Aquarium.  Seth discovered a Beach Volleyball tournament going on and made us stay and watch for awhile.  He LOVES beach volleyball. (Mostly for the scantily-clad ladies, I’m sure…..)

IMG_2873

IMG_2842 IMG_2856

Flying kites and having a snooze at Cannon beach…..

IMG_3437

Yes, its alive.  Ew…..

The kids found ALL SORTS of sealife which they requested to bring home.  We told them NO on the live crabs, starfish, sand dollars, hermit crabs- pretty much everything that was still alive. We did bring home lots of shells, some dried out sand dollars, and a bottle full of genuine Seaside sand.  (Kenni collects sand- among other things.)

IMG_3718

IMG_3775

IMG_3992

IMG_3907

IMG_3494

IMG_4004

IMG_3875

(Melissa Q- if you ever read this, Yes, we got the chalk, and Yes, it worked great!  Thank you so much!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That trip looks amazing and so relaxing and super fun. Love the post!

Meg said...

So fun to look at. The pictures of your family turned out so cute I think.
If you have any pics of me surfing, will you send them my way - I need proof!

Honeybee said...

Yeah for the chalk, isn't it the coolest?! What a fabulous looking trip & great pictures & memories. I keep hinting to my hubby that I want to go on a vacay to the Oregon coast- maybe one of these days :) Glad you had a great time!!

Tash said...

what a cool vacay. It is always funner with cousins that's for sure!