CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Last Ski Day

Well, its official. Snowbasin shut their lifts down for the season on Sunday, April 18th. I honestly can't believe they made it that long, but thanks to some late-spring storms, things were still going strong. Its our custom to have a big barbeque/tailgate party to celebrate the end of a great season, but this year, some of our dear friends & neighbors were moving away on tailgate day, so we chose to stick around the 'hood & help them move instead.
However, we still managed to sneak a few minutes in between Saturday morning soccer games & the big move to hurry up the mountain & take a few last runs. Most of our regular crew was there. We ate lunch on the patio in beautiful spring weather with the Crowthers, Bonds, Lowders, Gardners & Jones'. My bacon-cheeseburger was seriously to die for & I'm sure added at least 2 pregnancy pounds (when combined with the Dream Bar I chased it with)- but I didn't care. It was a perfect last day of the season.
As you can see, we had the whole fam out & we even got Smurfy up on skis for the first time. He loved it! It was so cute.
Au revoir Snowbasin. Until next year. We'll miss you. (Oh, and if its not too much to ask...... next year more powder please!!!!!)
Yes, it was really, really warm. Not that warm, though. The neighborhood boys thought they would be brave & ride one run shirtless. Oh yes, and one neighborhood man (or large boy.....)





3 comments:

Meg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meg said...

So fun! Snowbasin is such a cool place. Good for Smurfy too! The kids looks like they are having a good time as well.
Mandy, can you please start looking FAT in pictures. I mean, HELLO, you are pregnant. Seriously, in my next life can I be you when it comes to that business?
Miss you guys so much. Really, everyday I think of you and your cute kids, and cool husband.
XOXoxoxXOx

Niederfam said...

Thanks for taking one for OUR team and helping with the BIG move, it wasn't THAT bad, right?? Anyways, can't wait to be back where we BELONG. Looks like a perfect way to end the season!!!