We have had our spring break planned for a little over a year now. The plan was to head up to Grand Targhee with a few neighbors & their families for a bit of spring skiing. We did it last year & it was a blast! However, as the time drew nearer, we all began to fear that there just wasn't enough snow left this year to warrant such a venture. So, as a back-up plan, we decided to head down to Moab & do some camping with the kids. This would be fool-proof, right????
Wrong. The week of spring break dawned a balmy 40 degrees, with chances of snow showers all along the Wasatch Front & into Central & Southern Utah as well.
Which left us with PLAN C.
Since several neighbors & friends were left in the same boat, we all decided to try a "stay-cation" (as Mike L. called it). We headed to a nearby hotel which boasted an "indoor waterpark"- perfect for the awful weather. The kids thought this was the neatest thing since sliced bread- who knew???
This was "game night" at the hotel. Erika brought the standard huge orange bucket full of candy & games. Fun for the whole family!
Whilst in the big city, we also visited the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point. Smurf still asks me every day when he can go back to Dinosaurland. I think in his two year old head it was cooler than Disneyland.
The next day Seth took the kids to see "How to Train your Dragon"- another huge hit.
Saturday, we ventured out to the neighborhood Easter Egg hunt, a favorite annual tradition. As you can see, its not your typical EASTER- there is much new-fallen snow visible on the ground & everyone was bundled up nice & proper. Still, we had fun. (P.S.- Seth wants me to mention that he skied some fabulous fresh pow on this day, but I have mixed feelings about doing so because that meant I took the kids to the egg hunt BY MYSELF while he was enjoying FRESH POW. So not cool.)Love this picture of my girls :)
Saturday night while Seth was at Priesthood session I took on the Easter Egg dying all by myself with the kids. They had fun, but I was a bit of a crabby patty. I need to loosen up. I just kept yelling at them for cracking eggs & spilling the dye all over the place. That's what (pregnant) moms do though, right? Please say "right".
Sunday was the big day. I took one or two pics of the kids finding their easter eggs, but seriously forgot to take a picture of them in their nice easter clothes holding their baskets. So unlike me......
Blame it on the pregnancy.
Sunday night Janna's kids spent the night at our house & I took them all to the treehouse museum on Monday. (She is still on strict bedrest, so we are all taking turns with her kids). My friend Trish came with me thank goodness because I was not the best at keeping track of all 6 of them by myself. You may notice that in our group photo out front I am missing my sister's little girl, Lilianne. I took the picture & then went "Wait a second.......there aren't enough kids here!" Sure enough, she was still in the building, wandering around by herself." I am an awesome babysitter.....
Tuesday I fell on the ground exhausted & exclaimed "WHEN, OH WHEN ARE YOU KIDS GOING BACK TO SCHOOL????????"
Thank the dear Lord they went back Wednesday. I had had all the "Spring Break Fun" that I could manage. Until next year of course....
Living Life.....
7 years ago






2 comments:
Love the White Easters!!
AWESOME......I wish we could have joined in on the "staycation" looked like a BLAST!! I'll still let you babysit my kids and YES, it's totally a pregnant thing, but ALSO a think you do when you have a newborn!!! :0 See we have "excuses" forever!!!
Post a Comment