CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

20 inches

I am dying. Quite literally, I am on death's door. And this is all due to a little thing I woke up to this morning. 20 NEW INCHES OVERNIGHT!!!!! Raise your hand if you know what I'm talking about. Those of you who don't appreciate 20 fresh inches, you are free to leave this post now because you won't get it. I mean, its one thing that my spring break was all but ruined by dreadful weather. We had a sub-par snow year this year & I was fine with that, what with me being a buffalo & all. But NOW, in mid-April, the skies have opened and it has been snowing for the last week! So this morning I wake up, its the last day the kids are out of school. I'm laying in bed trying to decide what we should do for the day (Baby Animal Days was on the agenda, but clearly cancelled due to the weather)- when Seth walks in & announces that 20 INCHES FELL AT SNOWBASIN OVERNIGHT!!!! Well, now its all I can think about. Against my mother's (& my doctors) wishes, I have skied all winter & had a nice time, but never really had a fabulous powder day. But now here we are on the very tail end of the ski season, I am fully SEVEN months pregnant, and I just don't think I should be up there anymore. I gave up on the season nearly a month ago.
Until today.....
I am dying to go skiing!!!!
I am way too fat & awkward to go skiing!!!!!
What is a girl to do?????

So I lie there in bed for at least another hour trying to work up the courage to just put on my gear & sneak up for one or two runs. I mean, its perfect. All the kids are home so Kenni can babysit. I could just zip up the mountain & be right back before anyone had time to yell at me for it :)

And then at last I decide....



I guess I'll just have to settle for the memories. No, I didn't do it. This was me last year.
Boooo Whhooooo hoooo!!!!!! (That's me crying now.....)

2 comments:

Meg said...

I actually thought you went. We are jealous! I can't believe you got so much snow. We have missed it this year, but have loved the green too...pretty torn. I wish I could see you small buffalo self....
take care. miss you a LOT.

Niederfam said...

You are the FURTHEST thing from Buffalo and I'm sorry you missed the powder day and even sorrier I cashed in my ski day 3 days too early!!! P made it though, as did your hubby I hear. NEXT YEAR........20 inches will be the NORM!!! Here's to hoping.