Yesterday was me & Mr. Wallace's 11-year anniversary. That is craziness. For me, anyway. It makes me feel old. We were lucky enough to sneak away & go to dinner in SLC. I say lucky enough, because it was a school night, and I was supposed to drive car pool to have one child at dance practice, one child at soccer practice, one child at t-ball practice, and then get the kids off to a primary activity. All this, plus I was supposed to attend an HOA meeting where they would be discussing some illegal mtn. bike trail building that's been going on in the neighborhood. The hooligans responsible for this eggregious act will go unnamed, but lets just say one of them sleeps in my bed at night :)
Anywho- back to my big date! Grandma Lesli was so kind to come over & babysit & handle shuttling the kids to their various activities. Also a shout out to Michelle who covered my car-pool duties to dance. SO, with all that, we snuck away for a nice dinner.
Seth brought me home a dozen roses and a surprise gift. When I opened the box, I couldn't stop laughing.
Let me explain.....
When I was pregnant with Kenni, I borrowed a huge body pillow from my sister. Seth couldn't stand it being in our bed at night. He said it was like there were 3 people in there instead of two. Which reminded me of a pregnancy book I was reading at the time where the author named her body pillow "Phil", and called him the "other man" in her bed. So, we named ours Phil also- because that's just a great name for a huge pillow, right?
As it turns out, Seth had gone & bought me my very own Phil, complete with the cutest pillow case I have ever seen.
I swear, when Phil gets retired, I am sewing that pillow case into a skirt. Isn't it to die for? Its ROXY for crying out loud.
Anyway- I have gone four pregancies without my own Phil, and I am so excited to have one now. I slept fabulously last night.
Thank you Seth. I adore you & I can't believe its been 11 years.Seth follows the tradition of my Dad (which I lOVE!), and gets one red rose for every year of marriage. That's why there's one that's white. 11 roses for eleven years.
Oh,yes. And this was my gift to Seth. Its a huge, mounted, laminated & covered with dry-erase board trail map of Snowbasin. My talented neighbor, Rich made it for me. It is so awesome & Seth loved it. If you are interested in one of your own, check him out at buzzgraphics.net
One more thing......
Noodle FINALLY allowed us to take the training wheels off his bike last week. He has been zipping around the neighborhood ever since. Children beware- he doesn't know how to brake yet.
Oh yes, and Smurfy will NOT allow us to cut his hair anymore. It's getting out of control. If this continues, its going to be a long, scraggly summer for that boy.
Living Life.....
7 years ago






3 comments:
I LOVE Phil! And Phil's pillow case is sooo cute! The Snow Basin sign is really awesome!
I think Phil should become a huenormous beach bag, just add handles! He is so cute what a nice gift. Thanks for the "Buzz" shout out.
Sorry I was signed into a gmail account for work named "Phil" go figure. The post above by Amberlee.
Post a Comment