CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Daddy Weekend

DSCF1253

So, while I was busy hosting my super-fun girls retreat and breaking dawn party, the kids & the spouse were ordered away for 24-48 hours.  Seth decided he would take the kids down to Moab since it is so close by.  He spends a lot of time there, but hasn’t taken the kids exploring in that area much, so he was excited to show them around.  They brought home a boat-load of photos, so I could be sure to experience everything right along.  As you can see from the photos, they had a great time, (and as only a mother can see in photos- this was definitely a Dad’s trip.  No hair combing, rarely matching clothes, dirty faces, etc.)  But, to his credit- they had the best time, a trip done the way only a Daddy can do it!

DSCF1212

DSCF1230

DSCF1236

Awwww, sleeping at a hotel.  Sometimes to a kid, that’s the best part of the trip, right?

DSCF1314

DSCF1305

Kenni got to cross “Dead Horse Point'” off of her State Parks list, and Seth even let her go do the Junior ranger program.  She was in heaven! (She’s a little obsessed with this map she has of all of the State parks in Utah and getting “stamps” on her State Park Passport)

DSCF1256

DSCF1247

Apparently the kids think it is really really sunny here.  Clearly it is not.  They must have their Daddy’s eyes.

DSCF1255

DSCF1250

DSCF1310

Why, oh why?  This poor boy.  One of the many things you only do on a Dad’s trip.

 

And last but not least, I leave you with a brief home-movie.  Seth was getting a kick out of baby J climbing up the rocks as they hiked.  She would not allow Seth to carry her, she wanted to do it all by herself!  What a cutie.  And really- what a great Daddy.  Thank you Seth!!!

2 comments:

Meg said...

Mandy, I have to hand it to you, you have a great Dad for your kiddos. Seth, nice work raising the bar for your bros...I can only hope Ben made note of this post!
Really tho, it is pretty impressive and the kids all look like they are having fun too.

Meg said...

I did not make note.
-the crappy dad:)