My friends and I have been looking forward to the release of the 4th Twilight movie, “Breaking Dawn” for a long time now! We had a plan to host three different parties in the weeks leading up to the movie release (where we would watch the other three movies), but as time grew near (and I moved to Price), we realized that just wasn’t a realistic idea. So, a new idea was born. I invited the girls to come down here for a good old fashioned girls weekend where we could have a movie marathon, watching all three movies, and then actually go to the premiere in Provo the next day.
Needless to say, I was really really excited about this idea. I scoured the internet for cute ideas, and was able to find a great invite to plagiarize.
So, with a LOT of help from Michelle, I was able to leave one of these take-out boxes on everyone’s porch.
Inside there was a little treat to represent each movie.
An Apple cake pop for Twilight, a moon pie for New Moon, a Fruit by the foot for Eclipse, and chocolate chess pieces for Breaking Dawn. These were accompanied by the rolled up invitation and party instructions. I dare say its the best party invite I have ever pulled off.
Next it was time to work on decorations. I had quite a few fun ideas up my sleeve. (Again, all plagiarized from Pinterest, the Internet and various other sources……)
However, I am a dummy and forgot to take any pictures because I was too excited when it came right down to it. Here are a few that Liz took, but they really do not do it justice!
Oh, and don’t forget the “Welcome to Forks” sign.
(I am a huge dork, I know…..)
(Don’t mind Michelle…..she was having a moment…..)
Well, we had so much fun and I wish I had more pictures of us all together. It was nice just to hang out & watch the movies and eat food all night. We all agreed it went by way too fast.
The next day we drove up to Provo and did a little shopping, eating, and then headed over to the movie.
It was so good! I mean, yes, a little cheesy, but I love cheese!
I must say thank you to my sweetie for taking the kids away for the night so I could have such a fun weekend with friends. He is such a good Dad. He took them to Moab and they had the best time. I have lots of pics from their trip, too, and that post will be next.






2 comments:
LOVE it, looks like QUITE the party, and I KNOW most of the crowd, so I'm sure it was. :)
Looks fun girls- sad to say but I still haven't seen it! I need to go, I need to find another person that hasn't seen it yet to go along with me- wish me luck! ;)
Post a Comment