CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Kenni’s Prize

My little Kenni-lou entered an essay contest at school earlier this year.  The theme was “What I Love about Price”.  We were notified last week that she was one of the winners from her school and that she would need to appear before the Price city council to read her essay with the winners from other schools.  Well, first- when I heard what the theme was I couldn’t stop laughing- at the irony, you see.  But when I read her essay I was proud of her.  She is really giving this place a fair shake, and she definitely has a future in advertising- perhaps even in the travel industry.

IMG_3299

So, we got the fam all dooded up and went to the Price city council meeting.  Boy was that boring.  Especially for my 18 month old.  But it was fun to hear the winners read their essays.  Afterwards they were each presented with a cd player as their prize for winning, and they had an opportunity to get their picture taken with the Mayor.  Big stuff. 

We took the family out to eat at Wingers afterwards to celebrate.  It was the dining experience from hell. It reminded me why I don’t take my kids to restaurants. But I can look back now and say it was fun (even though it wasn’t……)

IMG_3300

IMG_3301

For the sake of my own posterity, here is the essay:

Things to do in Price

Just recently, I moved to Price.  I don’t know very much about Price yet, but I do know it is a great place, has wonderful scenery and has amazing places to visit.

One place that’s great to visit is the Dino Mine Park.  It has a toddler area, a place to picnic, a skate park nearby, and of course there is the main park.  There are also bathrooms.

If it’s in the middle of summer, or late winter, there is always one great place in Price to go.  The Desert Wave Pool, a big pool that any age can go in.  It has a grass area, picnic tables and waves every 10 minutes.  You can also get food there.

A great place to learn about history and dinosaurs is the Price Dinosaur Museum of Natural History.  They have a mammoth that was found while workers were building a dam in the mountains.  There are also Indian artifacts.  On the other side of the museum there are dinosaurs and a kid’s area.  Also in the dinosaur section there are some live animals including an alligator and lizards.  There’s also a visitor center in the front.

So, if you’re looking for a fun deserty place to come and stay at you might want to think about coming to Price.  So come on over to Price and ride the waves at the pool, walk with dinosaurs at the museum, and have the time of your life at the Dino Mine Park!

 

Congratulations Kenni! We think you are awesome!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow I do not remember Price being that awesome when I was there. I agree with your thoughts of her having a career in travel she can make even Rigby, Idaho sound interesting. Good job Kenni!! You rock!!

Salty Incisor said...

ha ha ha you are right. Either marketing or tourism or both ha. She nailed the intro body and the conclusion pretty awesome for a fourth grader! I read that part about I can look back on it now and say it was fun even though it wasn't... I was laughing so hard it cracked me up!!

Martincrew said...

I want to move to Price!! Way to go Kenni!!