CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Last Weekend

Last weekend………OH, where do I begin?  It was Seth’s birthday, and he had planned long ago to spend it doing his favorite thing- Mountain Biking in Moab with his friends.  I teased him for awhile about who he was inviting to his “birthday party”- as though he were eight years old and sending out invitations with an r.s.v.p.  But truly- he was as excited as an eight year old!

So, about 7 of his buddies came down for their bike-love fest, and I received the pleasure of 1 biking wife coming to stay the weekend with us rejects here in Price, complete with a couple of kids in tow!  Made our day!

But, first- back to the biking adventure.  Here are some pics.

DSCF1068

Blair, Trevin, Rich, Seth

DSCF1072

Um, Nate, I believe?

DSCF1057

Blair, Jason, Rich.  Riding “The Whole Enchilada”.  Only, it turned out to be about 3/4 of an Enchilada because the top was closed due to early season snow.

DSCF1071

Not sure what’s going on here.  Rich crashed???  I really should let Seth tell his own stories I guess.

DSCF1060

A Better picture of Rich :)

DSCF1056

Seth’s self portrait.  Oh dear……

 

Anywho- as I said before, while the boys were off playing, I got the privilege of having the rest of the Whitemyer clan come stay with us for the weekend.  Yipee!

IMG_3051

I love having visitors!  It makes me so happy.  I was really excited to entertain them and take them out to see fun things around the area, but Amberlee took one look at me, and one look at all the kids who were happily jumping off the walls and said “Do they look like they need entertaining?  C’mon, lets scrapbook!”  OH- what sexy words!  Now I was really excited.  So, basically we spent the weekend lounging around crafting and whoopin out scrapbook pages while the kids jumped on the tramp, played wii, had wiggle car races down the driveway, and otherwise made gloriously huge messes.  Did I mention it was really, really great?

One ginormous downer I must mention:  Saturday morning I had to take the kids to a soccer tournament down at the elementary school.  Amberlee & the kids were happy to tag along and come watch, so we all took picnic blankets and sat on the grass watching the games.  Kenni came running over to me crying, saying she got hit in the head with the ball and it hurt so bad.  I assumed she was overreacting (a common occurrence) and sent her back out onto the field. As we were driving home, she started complaining again that her head hurt really bad.  We had decided to stop at a local pumpkin patch and let the kids choose pumpkins, so as we were walking around looking for just the right ones, Kenni started barfing all over the place.  Amberlee took one look at her and said “Uh oh- I think she has a concussion!”  I had absolutely NO experience with concussions, but I knew enough to know that throwing up is not a good sign.  We took her home and had her lay down.  She seemed to feel better, but a few hours later she started puking again.  I had just decided to take her to the emergency room when Seth called me.  Luckily, he was riding with a few doctors and a few doctor wanna-be’s. One doc said he had just experienced this same thing with one of his children and he walked me through a list of things to check/look for.  After confirming that she passed his “checklist”, he said it was fine to keep her home.  He said the E.R. doesn’t really do anything for a concussion unless you request a C.T. scan, which would probably be normal and would cost a fortune.  Anywho- that whole situation was a huge bummer- both because Kenni was in a lot of pain and I was so worried about her all day!

park city 004

These are some of the great pumpkins we picked up from our neighbor’s patch.  They are absolutely the kindest people.  Every year, they donate pumpkins to the ward, to the elementary school, and whatever they have left they sell at their patch and all of the proceeds go to raise money for the Angel Tree’s for Christmas.  It was great to pick up some fun pumpkins and donate to charity at the same time!

IMG_3052

After the boys got home from their biking adventure, we had a nice big family dinner & dessert for Seth’s birthday before sending off the Whitemyers.

IMG_3055

I made Seth apple dumplings for his birthday.  He doesn’t like Chocolate and he doesn’t much like cake- so we always have to improvise. I lost my number “6”, candle, so all he has is a “3”.  But for the record- he is now 3-6. (Although he thinks he is 21).

Well, it was a great weekend, and we were sad to see the Whitemyers go.  Now, who is going to come visit me next??????

4 comments:

Niederfam said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Seth, I KNOW P was WAY bummed he wasn't "allowed" to go......His MEAN wife said, "Seriously you are going to be gone for 10 days the next week, do you HAVE to go?" RUDE, huh?

Anyway.....So SCARY for Kenni and YOU..... glad everything checked out okay and you aren't awaiting a CT bill!!!

Looks like QUITE the party!!!! ;)

Michelle said...

I am super impressed with your timely blogging! Happy birthday to Seth!

Unknown said...

The best post EVA! You totally spoiled us on our vacation. You need to stay with us soon so I can feed and pamper you guys. I hope your house recovered from the Whitemyer's! Thanks again for having us. Happy Birthday Seth hope your face looks better.

Hillary Vaughan said...

Sounds a bit like the Vaughan house...ha ha! Cept we are dumb and get the CT scan and nothing else, but the bill. Happened 4 months ago and Averi is still dizzy from it. They are kinda scary! Hope she is feeling better, but if she is dizzy for a while----long while.....I guess that can be normal too!! Joys of children. Glad it was a fun weekend. Happy birthday Seth! And I miss you Mandy!!