CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Frightmares Birthday

My little Noodle absolutely adores Lagoon!  We went there once this summer for stake lagoon day and he has been begging ever since to go back again.  Somehow he got the wild idea to have his birthday party at Lagoon, and I couldn’t seem to dislodge it from his head.

I was highly concerned about this because I didn’t want to let him down, but I knew there was no way I could afford to take his friends to Lagoon!  My friend Michelle offered a fabulous solution.  Their family all has season passes, and her son is Noodle’s besty, so she said they would be happy to come with us, and somehow, a birthday party was born!

We were coming up to Layton for my nephew Ben’s baptism anyway, so we made a weekend of it, and spent our Saturday at Lagoon.  I had to take a second mortgage and offer them my left arm to get my own family in the gates, but we managed it!

DSCF1051

And since Noodle has an October birthday, Lagoon had all of its festive Halloween decor out.  (I know, its no Disneyland, but the kids thought it was great)

DSCF1028

The Besty’s.  Noodle’s other friend Jaxon also came along (he also has a season pass.  You can see how I had to discriminate against friends who don’t own one of these magic little passes.  Rude, I know, but we gotta eat!)

DSCF1035

This is Noodle’s favorite ride- Bombora.  He made a poster this summer saying how he was going to go on it 7 times when he got to go there for his birthday.  He spent hours coloring it and then hung it in his room.  Every night before bed he would ask me how many days it was going to be until he got to ride Bombora?  I’m telling you- this boy is obsessed!

DSCF1040

I love this picture of Michelle and the kids on the Tidal Wave.  There were these crazy ladies sitting in front of them that had us laughing hysterically.

DSCF1039

Trick or treating

DSCF1045

The Witches.  By the way, you may notice Sparky is absent.  He decided he would rather spend the day playing with his cousin Ben who he doesn’t get to see as much anymore.  He had a great day and I loved it because that was $40 less I had to spend!  (My sister B.J. was also so nice and volunteered to keep baby J- WONDERFUL!!!)

DSCF1046

DSCF1053

Happy Birthday Noodle!  You’re growing up too fast!

IMG_2983 IMG_2985

(Just lost his first tooth!  The day after his birthday!  Thanks for making sure that one held on Michelle- I didn’t want to miss it)

0 comments: