
So, its spring break & the weather outside is positively frightful! I looked out this morning to see the ugliest, gray, snowy day possible for mid-April, and realized this is one of the only things I don't love about Mountain Green. Spring takes ages to arrive. Anywho- back to looking out the window at the ugly grayness.... so I look up the hill in our backyard where there are all these huge old dead cottonwoods & I see a freakin goose. Yes, a goose. A huge gandery-looking thing perched at least 40 feet in the air on a dead tree stump. After doing a little more investigating, I notice that his mate is comfortable riding out the storm in the hawk's nest up above. Yes, this nest was previously home to a lovely hawk family. They have returned every year for 3 years, but apparantly this year, they have been kicked out by a big, fat goose. I swear, I have never seen one of those things so high up in the air. Its not normal. But, then again, nothing about spring in my neck of the woods is, I suppose.
Living Life.....
7 years ago






1 comments:
I hear ya! Where is the Green in Mountain Green! That's why I moved here! AHH!, Funny goose thow. I just get deer poop all over our yard. Try to enjoy our fun SPRING break!
Oh, and I am so excited to get my shoes, yea!
Post a Comment