CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

TaGgeD!

Ok- so I'm responding to Amberlee's Tag......against my better judgement. The Tag was to write 10 honest things about your true self- or something like that. The problem is, I've been thinking about it for 3 days and I've only come up with 5 clever things. So, I had this great idea. I would make Seth come up with the other five, since he hasn't contributed a post for a long time. Pretty soon here, you're going to see the basic difference between men and women, and why men, for the most part, do not blog.

So, without further adieu, here's my five things:

1. I hate getting out of bed every morning to get the kiddo’s off to school. Each morning as I lay there, I contemplate briefly what would happen if I just didn’t- just this once. I mean, really, how bad is it to be late for Kindergarten & 1st grade, right? Only problem is, I think about it nearly EVERY day. “Just 10 more minutes….. they’ll still make the bus” “I don’t really have to do Kenna’s hair today- her yesterday ‘do will totally pass” “Maybe if I just send them out the door with toast & a baggie of cereal, they can eat on the bus.” Yes, people, I torture myself with these kinds of rationalizations EVERY day!
2. I watch entirely too much t.v. Here is a list of the t.v. shows that I must see on at least a weekly basis (some are bi-weekly or even daily. Gulp….) Grey’s Anatomy, Private Practice, Scrubs, The Office, Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, The Biggest Loser, LOST, Oprah (that one’s every day!), Heroes, The Bachelor (when it’s the season- luckily we’re on break), and Desperate Housewives. When I have extra time, I also don’t mind catching an episode or two of Thirty Rock, Kath & Kim, Law & Order, Extreme Makeover Home Edition, Friday Night Lights, Saturday Night Live, is this list looking pathetic yet? I must say, this could not be done without the magic of Tivo. I put the kids to bed , then Seth and I enjoy about four hours worth of television in a little over an hour and a half. I get my daily Oprah fix while folding laundry, running on the treadmill, or cooking dinner, so I’m not a complete couch potato! However, If I’m really being HONEST, I guess I’ll also have to count the daily episodes I can’t help but see of Dora, Diego, Wonder Pets, Max & Ruby, and a whole bunch of other cartoony-crap. The good news? I haven’t seen a commercial in 4 years. Yippee!
3. I want one more baby! I know, I have too many already- but something inside me just tells me there’s one more. Unfortunately, something inside my husband says “Run like hell!” if I even mention the topic. He is positively against the idea. Its sad :( I feel bad that Makenna will never have a little sister. But, then again, even if I did get pregnant, what are the chances I’d even get a girl? I’ll tell you what they are. THREE to ONE. Those are tough odds. So, for now, I’ll just dream about a baby & hope someday Seth will come around. Unfortunately, he only has about 5 months to get on board, because THIRTY is my deadline. Bummer.
4. I’m addicted to sales. Better than many people’s addictions, but still a problem, eh? It’s not so much sales, even, but CLEARANCE! Oh, how I live for a good clearance. Every so often at Old Navy, they’ll do their 50% off clearance sale and I swear, you’d think it was my birthday I get so excited. First the clothes are marked down to a really great clearance price, then, you get to take 50% off THAT! I walk out of there with clothes for the kids for a BUCK – no exaggeration. The problem is, I go so hog wild that I end up with $300 worth of $2-3 clothes, half of which I DON’T NEED and/or don’t end up using. I just think “Well, for 2 dollars, I must need 3 of them!” It’s the disease of my long-lost aunt Sylvia (who isn’t really my aunt at all, but this crazy cat-lady my mom made us visit when we were little). Bless you, Sylvia.
5. I’m too involved. That is to say- I participate in too many activities. I know I should cut back, but I love the interaction with other members of my community, my church, my circle of friends, etc. I attend bunco, book clubs, cooking classes, play dates for the kids, “picnic in the park”, aerobics classes at the gym, enrichment activities, gardening seminars, freezer-meal exchange groups, scrapbook and/or stamp clubs, and girls nights. I volunteer at the school in 2 of my kids classes, at the gym (to get a free membership), to babysit for family and friends, and in my church where I help with enrichment & now am the nursery leader (groan……) I regularly ski, run (am currently training for the Wasatch Back), hike, mountain bike, and waterski. This summer I played in a soccer league of old ladies that was so much fun!!!! In my spare time, I have two part-time jobs, one as a real estate agent, one (my new passion!) as a shoe-party consultant. Oh, and did I mention I’m also trying to raise 4 kids, put a hot meal on the table each night & somehow not allow laundry to entirely consume me?????? Yes, I think its time to cut back.
Ok, here goes:

Now, Here are Seth's Five:
1. I love to ski.
2. I love to talk about skiing.
3. I love to read about skiing.
4. I am a little bit obsessed with the end of the world.
5. I hate housework/projects.

You See? Man vs. Woman. So different. Oh Well. Hope you enjoy reading them both. Now I'm supposed to tag: Tami, Rachel, Hillary, Lisa, Jami, Heather, Chris, Megan- really, anyone who bothers to read my dumb blog. Lots of love to ya'll.

8 comments:

Standita's said...

How in the crap can you possibly do all of that? You must be super-mom-wife-friend!

April said...

You are too funny. Good luck with running, I need to catch that bug. And I soo watch all those shows and more too. Love DVR, its the best. I hope you get your girly.

The Geddes Family said...

That was fun getting to know you better! I love Seth's input! I am totally with you on the morning routine. I do the same thing. I too wish Peri could have a sister but that is not to be because 3 is enough for me. Good luck convincing Seth!

Meg said...

Yeah Mandy you are a busy gal...that's why I like you so much cause you are busy and I like busy people. So funny about the 30 cutoff for babies. I just started, but I made the 30 deadline! Makenna can come have Maria as a baby sister anytime...just send her over. (I am seriuos. I adore Makenna and I know Maria will look up to her.)

Martincrew said...

You are hilarious! I wish I had all that energy! Oh and by the way...Alan so remembers you, but remembers you being married to somebody else, (Can't remember his name at the moment..) so way to go you little girl that is married to more than one man!

Jcsamgwallace said...

I can not figure out how you fit in all of those activities and all of that T.V. watching!!! There are not tat many hours in the day. How do you do it? I guess I spend that many hours doing stupid stuff like cleaning my house. Maybe I should trade all those house cleaning hours for some funner activities!

Unknown said...

Okay Mandy through the reading of the post I literally cried and then laughed out loud. You do need to have another baby, that made me cry and then Seth's made me laugh! Did he really write that, or did You?

Niederfam said...

men are from mars women are from venus. LOVED the lists, BOTH of them!!!!