CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The LOOOONNNNGGGG drive

If you have read this blog even once, you probably know that I moved to Price.  I mention it about 5 times a post.  You probably also know that most of my life (family, friends, commitments, etc.) are still back up North.  This leads to a LOT of driving.  I would say we end up driving back about twice a month to spend a weekend with family.  In March alone, we went back for 2 baby blessings, grandmas ski day, and I made a separate trip to Logan with my sisters to see my aunts and Grandma Hansen. Its about 2 1/2 hours back to my hometown  (the drive to Logan was almost four and we did that one twice…..).  Not too bad.  Just fine by myself in fact.  But throw 5 tired, over-sugared kids in the car with me (btw we have no dvd player in our car) and sometimes I want to gouge out my eardrums with a fork so I can’t hear them anymore!

Its getting kind of old.  So that’s why when my sister made this snarky comment….  “Why would we come visit you?  You’re HERE all the time?”…… I almost came unhinged.

Glad my family doesn’t all feel that way.  That’s right.  We got some visitors!!!!!  Oh, you know how this makes my heart sing!

IMG_3773

Thank you Marty & Lisa for coming down to visit the poor, sad, lonely Wallaces, and for understanding “WHY” this might be something we all might enjoy.  (Even though I had to beg, plead, and twist your arm…)

We took them down to the Wedge to see the Little Grand Canyon overlook.  Seth was kind enough to herd all 11 of our kids down buckhorn wash in one suburban so that Marty, Lisa and I could go for a run on the dirt road inside the canyon.

IMG_3718

That was fun, but hard!  Seth took all the kids to see the Indian ruins while we ran.

IMG_3697

IMG_3706

And then we drove down to the old swinging bridge and had a picnic by the river.

IMG_3742 

IMG_3752

The Harwards have a new little puppy named Dash.  He is a little rascal. Seth sent him for a swim in the river.  Luckily he could swim!

IMG_3771

Marty wanted to replicate this super cool picture he saw on some runner-dude’s blog.  He did a good job, only my camera once again wrecked the picture!  I think the problem is fixed for good now.  Marty tinkered with it a bit and hopefully I won’t inadvertently wreck any more photos!

IMG_3758

We spent the rest of the weekend lying around, letting the kids play.  We attempted to watch conference on Sunday, but I am ashamed to say that by the end, all four adults were asleep on the couch after such a busy weekend.  Oh dear.  Well, I do tivo it, so perhaps I can catch up later.   Thank you Harwards for being such good sports, and for wandering out of your comfort zone for the weekend!

2 comments:

Meg said...

First of all, Mandy I faithfully follow your blog and it just warms my heart every time you make a post. I can totally relate to your feelings about visitors. Even if you need a vacation to recoup after they leave, I am always glad to have 'em.
The pic of everyone on the bridge makes it look like you have TWENTY kids or something. Again, Seth puts most Dads (and uncles for that matter) to shame with his wrangling of all the kids. Good job Seth.
Miss you and Yes, WE STILL WANT YOU TO COME VISIT US...since you like driving so much, I think you would thoroughly enjoy the drive up our way :)

Salty Incisor said...

ok so this post had me cracking up! You poor thing no dvd player!! I just loved the visual images of you gouging your ears out and then become unhinged about what your sister said...