CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Spring Training

I’m running a few big races this spring, so I’ve spent quite a bit of time training! First, there’s the Ogden Marathon in May we are training for, then I’m trying my first ever Ultra-Marathon in June. Yikes!  Since the ultra is a mountain climb, we have been practicing a lot of trail running & hiking. I have to say it has been so much fun.  I am loving getting to spend so much time in the mountains and seeing some great new trails!

DSC05365

This was taken just before the Striders Winter circuit 30k. I love these girls….

DSC05367

….And this was taken right after.  It was hard!

DSC05369

20130424_123419

Here is one of our “Mountain climbs”, taken at the top of Malan’s peak on Marty’s birthday! (April 24)

20130424_124722

Then there was the big climb up Ben Lomond Peak. 17 miles and Marty made us run even though there was snow at the top!

20130608_083015_resized

I don’t have a picture from the peak because it was so windy and cold that we really just wanted to hurry and get down!

20130608_083503_resized

Beautiful!!!!

20130608_111018_resized

Oh, and we ran into this giant rattlesnake on the way down……

photo (2)

One more trip up Malans…….

And last but certainly not least, a hell-a difficult climb up “Gobblers Knob”, located up Millcreek canyon in SLC. This was officially our highest peak, maxing out at 11,200 ft. This was also my favorite climb because it was so beautiful and I’m not really familiar with the mountains around Salt Lake so it was fun to see something totally new!

This is a great pic of my brother Marty in a tree. He loves posing for cool pictures….. Smile

IMG_0362

Well, that’s the end of our training adventures. I think I’m officially ready for my races!!!! Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Meg said...

I always seem to look at your blog when I have other pressing things to do. And it is worth it.
I loved everything about this post, EXCEPT the SNAKE!
The pic of you and Lisa and Marty and Andy cracks me up...looks like Jana should be in between you and A. Love that you have such a great group of hard core girlies to run with. Oh, I want that!!!! Beautiful trais make my heart skip a beat (or several beats) and give me butterflies.
Thanks for sharing Mandy.
See you soon!