CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Adventures in Skiing

As I look over my pictures from January & February it seems that all we did was ski! Fantastic, I wouldn’t have it any other way.  But that made for lots of pictures, so here we go!!!

2012-12-28 16.05.28

This might be my favorite skiing picture taken all winter, so I’ll start with it!

2012-12-28 15.58.212012-12-28 16.00.02

This sweet little thing LOVES to hit the slopes……for exactly 2 runs.  Then she is BEAT. Thank goodness we have season passes so I can take her home after 45 minutes cause honestly that is all she can handle.

2012-12-29 15.32.58

Special Daddy/Sparky ski time. Love.

2012-12-29 15.33.34

2012-12-29 15.32.10

2012-12-29 14.01.40

Kenni had a sleepover at our house with her 3 besty girl cousins. The next day we wanted to go skiing, so I thought, Why not just take them all with us???? Well, it was a bit ambitious considering that one of the girls had never skied and the other two had only tried it once or twice (oh, and I should mention that one of my sweet nieces has EXTREME anxiety issues), but this is me we’re talking about (and I don’t always think logically), so I shrugged that all off, spent an hour located enough gear for all of them, loaded 8 kids into the expedition and headed up the mountain!

2012-12-29 15.05.59

Honestly it went shockingly well. My niece Livvy, who had never skied, was a natural. Ava, the one with anxiety, only cried once, and she really did amazing at not freaking out.  Lauren was a spaz, but she’s the oldest so she is pretty self-sufficient.  All in all, I’d say it was a success!

2012-12-29 15.10.24

DSCF1828

And last, but certainly not least, we had our 2nd annual Pantone family ski day in Grandma Jani’s honor. She once again took to the slopes with the help of the Adaptive Sports program and one really fantastic ski-sled.  We all had such a great time and it was awesome that so many people were able to make it this year and come see Grandma do her thang!

Well, that’s it. (For now…..)  I’m sure I’ll find some more!!!

2 comments:

Amberlee said...

Way to catch up on blogging. Great memories, love them! Now post about Moab mmmmkay!

MartinCrew said...

AHHH skiing! That me be our kids this year!! They are ready to hit the slopes so hopefully I'll have some fun pics :) CUTE pictures!!