A strange new tradition has emerged in the Wallace house. Since we’ve been season ticket holders at Snowbasin, Seth has had this weird obsession with the number of “stamps on his passport” if you will, or days he logs skiing. In addition, he loves to get that first stamp on opening day, which most years falls on Thanksgiving. Some years the resort is more prepared for this day than others. This year was one of the “others”. But still, faithfully he dragged the kids up to make just one run so they could get that coveted “stamp”. Meanwhile, dear old mom slaved away in the kitchen with an angry two-year old attached to my leg, but I digress…..
So this is what skiing on Thanksgiving looks like! I guess I didn’t miss out after all . This is what I meant when I said some years they are more prepared than others….. That little patch of man-made snow is not enticing enough to get me out there! But the kids still had fun and now they have this little Thanksgiving tradition to remember, so I guess it is all worth it in the end.






0 comments:
Post a Comment