CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Mothers Day

I had a great Mothers day this year and was able to spend it with all the mothers in my life thanks to a decent enough family wagon to get us back and forth between our homes on a  bi-weekly basis. Smile Before we left, my kids gave me some really cute gifts they had made for me:

IMG_3991

 

After we made the delightful drive up North for the weekend, I was able to meet my sisters & mom at Roosters for a Mothers Day brunch.  It was awesome- the food was so good!  We decided to exchange “favorite things” baskets and I thought it turned out really fun.  We should make it into a tradition!

IMG_3992

Here are some of our baskets:

IMG_3993

This was the basket I made.  My sis B ended up with it.  It contained 1) my favorite chick flick- “The Story of Us”, 2) Some fabulous blip blom, 3) a recipe I bummed off Pinterest for some ridiculous salted caramel bars, complete with a bag of said bars, cooked by moi! 4) My fav. new accessory- a broach which I made (but didn’t do near as good a job as my friend that makes them, and who made mine for me!), 5) A delicious smelling soap for your kitchen sink  6) A mixed tape (ok, it was really a cd of some of my fav. tunes from my playlist, but I just love saying “mixed tape”)  and 7) a bag of swedish fish because life isn’t complete without them!

IMG_3994

This is the basket I received. Isn’t it gorgeous!? It was from my sil Heather and it had fab.u.lous stuff in it! Perfume, candy, lip gloss, nail polish, car fresheners, more candy- just really fun stuff.  This was the first time in a long time I did something fun for myself on Mothers Day and I really think all moms should do it!  Just run away from those kids for a few hours and go grab a bite with all the special moms in your life.  You’ll be so glad you did!

IMG_3995IMG_3996

(Janna & Lisa with their baskets)

 

Ok, moving on.  Sunday we had a fun barbeque at the park with Seth's side of the family.

IMG_4000

 

IMG_4004

Seth & his momma

IMG_3998

IMG_4008

Then we headed over to my parents home for another family get-together. So many parties, so little time!

IMG_4013

I should mention quickly that Seth and I also celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary this weekend. (Why oh why did we think it was a good idea to get married over Mothers day weekend?????) It is always hard for us to find time to celebrate, but we did manage to sneak away to SLC for a night and go walk around the new City Creek shopping center which I’ve been dying to do.  We also finally used some gift certificates that Seth won a year ago to a shmancy restaurant called Spencers.  It was fantastic.

All in all a great weekend!

0 comments: