I think I am in need of just a general update on life. Sometimes I don’t blog about the little things and I’m afraid I’ll look back & regret it because sometimes those are actually the big things, right? So here is just a recap of what’s goin on in the Wallace house.
Where to begin? Oh, yes. Smurfy has been learning to ride his bike. It didn’t start out well.
As soon as he noticed I had let go he would wobble all over the place, which inevitable led to this. I think he just needed his Daddy.
Yes, that’s much better.
He is an old pro now, but it was touch and go for a while there. Sheesh that boy is stubborn!
In other news, Kenni has won yet another contest here in the Carbon County area. If she keeps this up, I think her head might explode. She has started telling people “I always win things”. Ummm…. not sure how I feel about that. I think I’ll have a family contest that she can’t possibly win, like a “who can keep their room clean the longest'” contest, just to deflate those sails a little bit.
Anyway- other than the cockiness, I am really proud of her. For the competition, the kids were asked to design a poster for the “Shake it Up Utah” campaign (the earthquake drill Utah had last month). Kenni’s design won 1st place and her prize was $75. She was over the moon. It meant that we had to sit through another city council & school board meeting to receive her recognition though, and man those meetings are dull!
What else? The kids are all currently playing spring soccer. They are doing well and Seth is coaching the older 2 again. His team is actually pretty good which surprised us all, but he is really enjoying watching them progress.
(Coach Seth)
I am currently training for the Ogden Marathon which is on May 19th. I’m not sure how I got roped into doing this again, but I will say that the training hasn’t been as hard this time around. I think I may have finally gotten the hang of long distance running which is perfect because I am about to quit :) (But I guess I say that every year, don’t I? hmmm……)
Seth is working on his training for the Forest Service Fire Certification. When he completes the training, he will be able to go on Wild Fire calls, which he is so excited about. It will be nice for our family, too, because the pay is pretty great and I’m sure he will earn some extra money this summer with how dry things have been around our great state.
Speaking of Seth’s work….. we have some interesting developments on that front……
So, you all know that Seth took a job with the Forest Service last year that required us to move to Price, where we are currently hanging out :). Well, as it turns out, we will be moving back to Mtn. Green here in a few weeks. We lost our awesome renters (they are moving to AZ), and rather than put the house up for rent again, we decided to move back for now. I am having mixed feelings about all of this. I am SO excited to go back home & be near my family & friends. And I can’t tell you how much I’ve missed my neighborhood in Mtn. Green. There are so many great people. But it is hard leaving any place and I’ll admit that Price has somehow managed to grow on me. I just feel like the people here need us and there are so many great people in Mtn. Green, they don’t need us as much. Does that make sense? Anyway- its a little bitter sweet. I have to box up the house AGAIN, and its not even really a permanent thing at this point since Seth is still working in Price, so, like I said, a lot of mixed feelings! I am realizing that our decisions aren’t always neat and tidy like we want them to be. I feel like I should be able to pray for guidance and receive a clear answer as to where we are supposed to be right now, but the answer just isn’t that clear. Hopefully things will all work out the way they are supposed to, and if not, at least we will learn along the way, right?






1 comments:
Ummm...I am not like the "for now" portion of this move info! You PROMISED me you would be back and I am holding you to that!!!
Post a Comment