CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The 2nd Annual Gib Wallace 10k

Somehow 2 years have come and gone since my sweet Grandpa Wallace passed away.  I can’t believe it.  Time really flies.  To signify this- we recently had the privilege of running in the 2nd annual Gib Wallace 10k trail run.  I did a post last year about the first event, that you can read about here. Anyway-to say that conditions were better this time around would be a HUGE understatement.  Here’s a glimpse of race morning last year:

lastyear

And here:

last year

Yes, I was wearing GOGGLES.  And ski socks.  It was so cold!

This year, we had much, much better luck with the weather.  Race morning looked like this:

7108416913_7e88dbeaf6

Wow, much better, right? This is what April in Utah should look like!

7108417427_81eef27992

Here we are listening to the pre-race instructions. As usual, I tried to rally as many people as I could to come and support this awesome event.  We have such wonderful friends and family!  Thank you all for coming.  I really hope they are able to continue this event because it is such a great reminder of the contributions that Grandpa made to Ogden’s trails.  He really was the “father of the trails”.   Anyway- to honor all my peeps who attended, I am going to post one photo from the N.U.T.S. website of everyone I know who ran.  Here we go!

6962349386_4f1162c03c 6962353486_3b0ce7737c

Renee & Liz  (congrats to Renee who took FIRST place- man that girl is fast!!)

6962355504_7809e3518b 6962361546_c2afbf25ec

My s.i.l. Chris & Seth’s cousin Amber (both Wallace’s)

6962365788_b6a152ed56 6962377502_b335c03745

Cousin Travis & Seth  (I give Travis endless grief about his ridiculous shoes.  And he about mine.  To each his own, I guess…)

7108426641_913eea9a4e 6962382038_d05419e7e5

me & Amberlee

7108424903_282406228a 7108425277_e26a5b3881

Marty & Lisa (my bro. & s.i.l.- Marty is probably the #1 supporter of this event, and he is not even a Wallace, just a great guy)

7108432609_0886856dd1 7108447807_df06045983

7108438743_a4a851e69e

Jeremy (Seth’s brother), Dianna (cousin), and Uncle Kim- Grandpa’s only son who was able to make it this year.  Thanks Kim for representing!

Quick note:  N.U.T.S. did not manage to get a picture of Liz’s husband Jason, or Seth’s cousins Marianne & Jeff.  So sorry- but we love you still!

Well, I guess that’s it!  I wish I would have brought my own camera & snapped a few pictures, but I didn’t. I love N.U.T.S.  (Northern Utah Trail Series).  They are the only organization that I know of that takes your pictures during a run and gives you access to them for free.  If you enjoy trail running at all, you really need to check them out.  If you do not enjoy trail running, I don’t really care- you are coming to run this with me next year anyway! Ha ha!  C’mon….. do it for Grandpa Wallace!

0 comments: