The last month has brought a lot of new baby news to our house. Being away from our family now, it has been hard to celebrate these moments without everyone, but it has been fun to see photos and hear about the beautiful little bundles and of the joy they are bringing their new parents.
First on the docket: My baby brother Kevin and his wife Michelle. Truly couldn’t be happier for these two. (Seeing as how I introduced the happy couple……) There is something especially great about a first baby. So much in your life changes!
Welcome Thomas Stephen Harward
My Dad, brother, and little Tommy. I can’t believe I don’t have a picture with Michelle in it. Totally unfair seeing as how she did all the work!
Ok, next baby:
Seth’s brother Ben & wife Megan welcomed their 2nd baby home, a little girl, Malan. May I just say- the CUTEST name? I love it! Ben & Megan are incredibly deserving and have waited a long time for this little family to grow. We are so happy for them! Can’t wait till I get to meet the little sweetie in March.
Other fun baby news to report: My cousin Ben and his wife Kristen brought home a baby girl (their first child). This was an especially monumentous occasion because the Kofoed bloodline has never before produced a FEMALE! All my Kofoed cousins are boys, and so far their children have all been boys, also. I’m sure my Aunt Geri is beside herself with this little pink beauty! Congrats to them!
Last, on a sad note, we received the devastating news that Seth’s cousin Jake and his wife Whitney lost their little baby unexpectedly. She was full-term and things were going great, but the baby had unknowingly gotten the cord wrapped around his neck. He was delivered stillborn and our heart aches still for their family. I can’t imagine their loss. They had a funeral, but Seth and I weren’t able to attend being so far away.
It really makes you realize how precious these little lives are. Grandma Lesli said it best…. “You need to go hug all your babies right now and realize what a blessing they are in our lives!”
Hope you will take the time to go give yours a huge love. Whether they are your babies, grandbabies, nieces or nephews- they are truly a blessing to us all.






0 comments:
Post a Comment