None of us will ever forget. Where were you on Sept. 11th, 2001? Everyone has a story. Mine is a little unusual.
I was here.
Happy Birthday to my sweet baby girl. My first child- 10 years old. She loves to commemorate 9/11, and is surprisingly introspective for a 10 year old. She thinks about those brave men and women each year, and we talk about what it means to live in a free country and have so many blessings. She is especially sad this year because her old school was having a special assembly for the 10 year anniversary, and she so badly wanted to be there.
So, I guess we’ll have to do our remembering here, as a family. Thank you to all who serve our country. Thank you to those who put their lives on the line for our safety, and for our freedom. To those who lost loved ones on that terrible day- we will never forget.
For the Wallaces, though- we will never forget for another reason. It was the day we became a Family. And isn’t that what its all about? (Life, that is?)
(p.s.- just in case you were wondering; yes, I am aware that I look like a 12 year old child in these pictures. For the record, I was actually a mature twenty-two :)






3 comments:
I love these pictures and yes you do look like you are 12. Happy Birthday to Kenni!! PS I went to the assembly and it was about as much fun as an assembly can be :)
Happy Birthday Makenna! We love her so much. What a beautiful, kind, smart, real, and creative girl she is. Seriously, I love being around her and hope Maria can be like her someday.
Mandy, you look great for just having a baby, who cares how old you look. I was just an immature 22 year old making out with Ben at that time. I still remember coming and seeing you in the hospital. I wasn't a Wallace yet, but Ben was such a proud uncle that he had to some up from PROP (a yah!) to see the new niece.
Love the picture of you and Set as new parents...so proud and happy! I might get teary if I keep typing.
Love you guys - A LOT!
OH I didn't know that.........Sweet story, and YES like you said that is what it's all about, LIFE, and FAMILY. ;)
Oh and YES, you do look about 12. Seth maybe 15. ;) But you still look YOUNG, and are, LUCKY you. ;0
Post a Comment