CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Big Run

I’ve opted to call the 1/2 marathon this year a “run”, and not a “race”, because “race” I certainly did not.  However, RUN, I sho’ did! I got the privilege of running with 5 of the greatest ladies eva & we had such a great time! We decided we were going to be a slow & just for fun group, as we all had our own issues to deal with.  I have to say, relaxing and enjoying the run at a leisurely pace is WAY more fun than running fast!  (a little disappointing when you cross the finish line, but otherwise, a total joy!)

 

IMG_20110521_094936

Our group: Amberlee, Tricia, Liz, me, my sister Janna & my s.i.l. Michelle

00399-76-0815-medjpeg 00399-26-1407-medjpeg

I loved these two pictures so much I bought them off zazoosh for my friends.  Tricia & Amberlee are hilarious in the first one, & the second one is for Liz because she just rocked her first 1/2 marathon & I was so proud of her!

00399-65-0409-medjpeg

Oh, and this one, too.  Isn’t it funny!  We kept waving to all the photographers & laughing :)

Here’s me & Liz about 4 blocks from the finish line.  I am crying because I just passed my mom & dad & my little brothers.  I always cry when I see them, even though I know they are going to be there & they are always in the same spot.  Its silly I know, but I can’t help it!

These are all of my family members that ran.  Why didn’t I run with all of them, you ask?  Because they are faster than the wind, that’s why.  Well, except for Janna :) And Michelle only ran with us out of pity (and because she was secretly pregnant & didn’t want to jeopardize her little dumpling!!!!) 

Marty, me, Andy, Janna, Michelle, Heather (my mexican brotha Jace in the background!) and Lisa in the front.

 

Final words: Ogden puts on the absolute BEST 1/2 marathon!  It was such a blast & my favorite running experience to date.  Apparently I am signed up for the St. George marathon this fall & I am terrified!  I’m not sure if a full marathon is included in my skill-set, but I am going to TRY. Wish me luck.  Until next year’s 1/2.

2 comments:

Meg said...

You just keep running on those Cloud Shoes and you can doooooo ittttt!
Cute pics. The part about you crying was tender. Made me think of how I boo-hooed when I ran my first race in OR and I cried because I knew NO ONE and I was so sad....Oh, to have family to support you! Glad to see you appreciate it.
Love you Mandy!

Amberlee said...

Wow Congrats to Michelle and Kevin that is such fun news. I was wondering why Michelle hung with us although we are REALLY fun and so funny too! It was a major blast. It just sucks when your time is worse than before I just expected to be better boo hoo. Family and friend support is the BEST!