CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 16, 2011

A visit to P.R.O.P.

Big news my friends- it seems we may be heading down to the People’s Republic of PRICE sooner rather than later.  That’s right, we have finally found a home to rent, although it may be somewhat temporary, its at least something for now.  Also, we have found renters for our home here in M.G., so things finally seem to be falling into place!  We took the kids down on Friday to show them their new digs and made a fun (and incredibly LONG) day of it.

First we had to let the kids get out their wiggles after a 2 1/2 hour car ride, so we grabbed a bucket o’ KFC & went to the DINO-MINE park.  This was Noodle’s highlight of the day.  I was not bright enough to take pictures at this point, so here is a stock photo of said park.

dinomine

After winning the parents of the year award by letting our children get remarkably sunburned, we headed over to show the kids the house. 

pricehouse

Once again, I have stolen this photo off the internet, from the house’s MLS listing.  Its for sale, so hopefully it doesn’t sell too quick, or we’ll be out on the street again.  It will be a great house for us.  We are so excited to have finally found something that wasn’t…… well, scary.

Our kids, however, are a little bratty, and need to work on their manners.  The first words out of Kenni’s mouth were, “Where is all the grass?” (There’s not any).  Boy, does she have a lot to learn about P-rice.

At this point, I was wishing I did just go ahead & rent a trailer down by the river because my kids could use the wake-up call.

Anywho- next Seth took us for a drive through his mountains to show the kids what their daddy does for work.  We stopped at a “Manti-Lasal National Forest sign” and I made him pose by it so it could go in his life history book.  You should all go and take a picture of your hubby at his job.  It sounds funny, but years from now, he’ll appreciate it!

IMG_2259

The section of forest we drove through was so, so beautiful and there were tons of great areas for camping this summer.  It actually got me a little excited to live there for awhile.

When we got to the summit, the kids were so excited to discover that there was still a TON of snow in the mountains.  We stopped up on this high plateau that didn’t have any trees or anything.  It just looked like marshmellow cream for as far as the eye could ski, oops, i mean, see.

IMG_2249

IMG_2254

So, after our extremely long & scenic drive the kids were starting to get restless, and hungry again, so our last stop on the way home was In-N-Out burger in American Fork (or wherever the heck we were).  YUM.

IMG_2260

We rolled back into M.G. around 9:00 p.m. feeling like we’d been on the road for about a week, instead of one meager day.  I was so pooped.  When we got home, Sparky showed me his art project he had made at school and I dissolved into tears. 

IMG_2244

What a sweetie.  This broke my heart.  No matter how temporary it is, I will miss this place more than anything.  There is TRULY no place like home.  (And no, Price will never be my home, just a rest stop along the highway of life).  MOUNTAIN GREEN FOREVER!  We should write some kind of anthem, eh?

6 comments:

Amberlee said...

That artwork almost made me cry - good gracious! I am working on my letter to the National Forest Service and am gonna get signatures from all who agree. Move the Wallaces back to Ogden Damn It!

Michelle said...

I am so glad that is TEMPORARY! I am scared you will like it there and stay! Hate it, please! Ok don't hate it just don't like it. I am excited to come visit though!

Honeybee said...

Loved the picture of the kids in the MGES shirts & flip flops in the snow :) That letter is the sweetest thing! Glad it's only a pit-stop too!

Hillary Vaughan said...

I think yo have a great attitude about it all! It will be a fun adventure and make you and your family grow closer....we will miss you!
(Not like I get out and see any one any more):O)

Rachel Penrod said...

What a fun adventure! I am laughing right now btw...We will miss you!

Niederfam said...

Ahhh.......I think I would have cried too. ;) Cute Parker.

TEMPORARY better be the KEY word in this whole move. We'll be ANXIOUS to have you back where you BELONG.