I'm a little behind. You understand, right? This post was supposed to make it onto the blog before the baby was born, but here we are, sailing right into August and I'm just now getting around to it. Anyway- here's a look at what our family was up to the first month of summer (in the days before baby). Also- a note to the reader: For whatever reason, these photos are in backwards order. I'm too tired to go back & fix it.
Smurfy's Birthday. He's three now.
Sparky's Birthday. The big Seven. Had a pool party at Grandma 'Ree's. What else???
Smurfy Swimmin
Seth decided to show Sparky a few things about how to mow the lawn. It will be several more years before he can conquer the beast that is our backyard, but for now he had fun taking a practice run.
Ahh, summer nights at the ballpark. Seth's neighborhood "old man" team was especially terrible this year. But we loved going to cheer him on.
Kenni & Noodle at swim lessons
Noodle jumping in. So brave!
Sparky looking extra "special" at his swim lessons
Kids cheering for their daddy at the Wasatch Back
Seth's Wasatch Back team running in together. The team was mostly made up of my family members. They did great & had a good time.
Just Chillin. (Isn't that what Summer is really about???)
Noodle' first year of T-ball. He loved it!
Kenni's dance recital. This was her "hip-hop" performance. They did a dance to Ice Ice Baby. It was really good & totally took me back to the days.....
And this was their clogging performance. Something sailor-ish. I was too pregnant to remember
Sparky at Baseball
Noodle's Preschool graduation
Sparky's soccer team
Ok, I think that's it. I need this to prove to the kids that they got to do fun things this summer. They think all we do is sit around feeding the baby. Which I must admit is partially true. But since these pictures were taken, they have also been swimming more, to the Airplane Museum with grandma, to the drive-in movie with dad, to Lagoon TWICE, to a raptors game, to several sleep-overs with their cousins, camping in the backyard, and I'm sure there's more. The poor, poor bored children.
I, for one, am ready for school to start again. I never thought I'd say it, but I'm all summered out. So, to back-to-school, I say- "bring it on!" I've had enough summer!
Living Life.....
7 years ago






4 comments:
Oh, how I love to see your updates. I miss your sweet children and the pictures show just how sweet they are =)
Loved seeing you all and the new sweet baby. Kenny danced to the Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy...haha! She was surprised to know that I knew all of the words to that song. Love the swimming pics of the kids. Can I please do the WB with you guys next year? PLEASE!!!!
Love you and still miss you all like mad- Meg
PS-Please edit me OUT of the top picture...terrible, terrible shot...do I have a mouth?
yes- they all look very bored!
i'm going to come visit you once school starts up again. if i can make it out of the house :)
love ya!
Cute pics! Loved Seths facial hair at the WB! I love your camera it takes awesome pictures. :)
I'm with ya, bring on the ROUTINE, let's get back to "normal" but I'm sure 2 weeks in, I'll be begging to sit around in my pj's til 10 just like the little ones.
Post a Comment