The kids had a 4-day weekend from school and I thought we would go somewhere & do something fun. As it turns out, we spent the weekend at home, but we found ways to make it fun!
Friday, I took the kids to the Classic Fun Center in Layton with Trish & her kids. Yippee. I had a pounding headache by the end of the day, but the kids had a blast. Tricia & I were wishing for the old days when you used to sit on the edge of the roller rink & hold out your hand and hope a cute boy would come by on his rockin' roller skates & give it a big slap! Oh, to be a kid again :)
On Saturday we made Valentines Day sugar cookies for Seth. (They are his favorite thing!) I actually let the kids do all the decorating, which made me incredibly tense, but finally I just said "whatever"! It was really fun.
Saturday night we were invited to a party at Matt & Jodi's to celebrate Chinese New Year & the last day of Mardi Gras. Jodi made Jumbalaya (sp?) and it was so good! She also had tons of fun decorations & beads for the kids. They thought that was great.
Sunday, I dressed the kids super "Valentiney-ish" for Church, which Seth thought was incredibly embarrassing, but I thought was adorable. He gets so annoyed whenever I make my boys wear pink :)
After our Church, we went to Janna & Andy's ward to watch Andy get made the bishop. A bittersweet moment. We are so happy for them, but also feel bad with their new baby coming that they will have so many extra responsibilities! I just imagine Janna sitting on her bench all by herself for the next 5 years with a new baby & an exhausted toddler & a moody "tween" and my heart aches for her! I'm sure the Lord will bless their family greatly for their sacrifice.
Monday we had planned a fun family ski day with all my siblings, but we woke up to a socked-in mountain and pouring rain. Yuck. Needless to say, my family all changed their minds & somehow we ended up back at the Fun Center, with the incredibly loud music, stale pizza & sweaty kids......AGAIN! Oh well- it was a great weekend!
Living Life.....
7 years ago






4 comments:
Wow what a jam packed weekend! Your kids look way cute in Sunday Valentine Attire. You gotta do it while you can and they will let you dress them matchy matchy.
Oh man I really miss you guys? The boys look so cute in the buz cuts and Makenna is so cute. The kids are just so cute. Good job Mandy. See you soon! CANT WAIT FOR SOME NEWS!!!!!!
I think your kids looked really cute for valentine's day! Sounds like a fun weekend and your cookies were sooooo good!
good job braving the cookie decorating with the kids. i know you're supposed to get the kids i the kitchen- but it makes me too stressed out too. i hate cleaning up sugar...
they're all the cutest!
Post a Comment