Last summer I had an unfortunate incident that involved a cliff..... and me, basically falling from it. For those who never heard, or need a recap, in June we were invited on a very fun couples Lake Powell trip by the Beckstroms. One of their LP traditions is to rig up a zip-line & entertain themselves by careening across the canyon walls tethered to said line.
So, after watching several men, and one brave woman make the descent, I decided it couldn't be that bad, and I went for it. Did I mention this zip-line was anchored a mere 70 feet above water???? Did I also mention that if performed incorrectly, it requires a 20-ft. free-fall before the rope "catches" and you begin to slide down the rope? Needless to say, I did it wrong, my arms couldn't handle the jolt, and I was ripped from the line, free-falling to my near-death. Oodles of fun, eh?
Well, in case you were wondering why I am re-telling this story in February, I recently found copies of the photo that was taken of me in my ridiculous free-fall on the Beckstroms LP Blogsite, and for your winter entertainment, I thought I'd share them with you! (Sometimes I get bored in the winter.....)
Anyway- I actually had several requests for this photo last year, but I didn't have access to it at the time, so here you go!
P.S.- Don't try this at home. OR at Lake Powell for that matter.
This first picture is a guy in our group successfully making the zip-line journey across the canyon. I just wanted to show you what it was "supposed" to look like :)
And here's me, free-falling through the air like an idiot. The crazy thing is that I am NOWHERE near the bottom. I wish someone had taken a picture from farther away so you could see how far I still had to fall before hitting the water, spread-eagle in the most perfect belly-flop their ever was. OUCH. Needless to say, my whole body was bruised for over a month. I had 2 black eyes, a black face, and black legs from top to bottom!
Here's some photo-shop editing so you can see my super-man dive even closer up. Like I said, I'm here for Your Entertainment (No wait, I think it was Adam Lambert who said that...... Oh well)
Living Life.....
7 years ago






2 comments:
OUCH!!!! and OUCH!!!!!!! I don't think I've heard that story, please don't try it again, just in case you have the same misfortune!!!! YIKES.
that is terrible, enough said.
thanks for the close up...made it even more terrible!
only the choice people get hurt doing things such as this.
Post a Comment