This Christmas, I struggled with my kids bad behavior, the excesses of Christmas, and the general lack of “Christ” in Christmas. So, when I was able to be a part of a true Christmas miracle, my heart was overjoyed, and lets just say- it made my Christmas!
It started about 10 years ago. My sister, after trying for years, was able to have a child. They were a happy little family for awhile, but soon they began wishing for more children. When the doctors determined she couldn’t get pregnant on her own (their first child was deemed “an impossibility of science”), they turned to medicine, shots, hormones, whatever it took. Truly, their family was put through the ringer, enduring thousands of injections (literally), 10 unsuccessful rounds of artificial insemination, 1 unsuccessful & very expensive round of invitro fertilization, and one horrible pregnancy that kept Janna in bed deathly ill for several months and ended tragically with stillborn twins after only 14 weeks. After all that, it had been 7 years since they had Lauren, and their hearts & home was feeling empty. Finally, they turned to adoption, and received the most amazing little girl, Lillianne. She fits amazingly into their family, and I know it was meant to be that she was there. Still, after all that, Janna hoped in the back of her heart she could somehow have more. People told her about babies that needed adoption that maybe were for her, she underwent two surgeries to try to repair her defunct uterus, only to be told that the abnormality had grown back, and finally, gave up. At 35, she had finally realized her family of 4 was a blessing in and of itself, and it would be ok.
Christmas day Janna & Andy announced to our family that she is, by the grace of God, pregnant. After 10 years with a barren womb (she jokes that cobwebs are growing in there), there will be life again in the once hostile environment which is her uterus. I could not have been more happy for her & her family. It is the best gift I received this Christmas.
By the way- I am also pregnant, but really, who is that surprising to? No one. I am the exact opposite of Janna. The very picture of fertility. So, there’s not really anything shocking about that announcement. Still, I am so happy we’ll be able to do this together.
FIVE kids. What was I thinking? It’s going to be a wild ride.
I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas, and if but for one brief moment, were able to feel the joy that is the true spirit of Christmas.
Love,
Mandy
Living Life.....
7 years ago






9 comments:
That is wonderful! Congrats to you and Janna!
I am so excited for Janna! and you of course. Just kidding! I am really excited for both of you! You always said you would love to be pregnant with her and now you get your wish. Congrats to both of you.
OH THAT 1% of a chance came true for Jana, that is the best Christmas for the whole Harward family two babies! Did you agree to swap if you have the boy and her the girl???
that's great Mandy. i'm happy for you guys. this was a really nice post. when are you due?
Congrats to you and your sister! What a great christmas present!
Congrats to you BOTH!!! That is so fun. I have LOVED being pregnant this go around with my sis too!!!
Dang! That is so awesome for both of you. I got the chills reading your post. What a great christmas for all of your family!!!
Aleisha Haueter
Hope you don't mind that I peek in on you guys. If ya want to read my blog, send me your email and I will invite ya. My email is aleisharae@hotmail.com
Mandy it's Brooke Hamilton. I am so happy for Jana, and for you. Baby's are always a blessing even if they come easy. They come 2 at a time in my family! Best wishes to youand Jana. You have such beautiful kids you need to have more!Hey now you and Jami are prego togeather!
I had actually heard your news Mandy from a neighbor of all people. You are in big trouble missy!!! However, Janna sent me a little message to check out your discreet message. : ) I can't begin to tell you how excited I am. Tears won't stop because I know Grandma had EVERYTHING to do with it. Love you guys so much. Congrats!!!
Post a Comment