Shortly after baby J was born I realized I had created an awfully bad situation for myself as far as my children’s birthday’s go. You see, 3 out of the 5 are born within a 10-day period during the busiest time of summer (4th of July weekend). But, I brushed it aside to deal with next year. HERE IT IS NEXT YEAR! And my July turned out to be even more busy than I could have imagined, what with packing up everything I own and moving 2 1/2 hours away. AGGGHHHHH!!!!
Anywho- we managed to throw 3 great birthday parties (with one I-O-U for Sparky), and make it through the chaos.
First up, baby J. Of course hers was the best, because it was a 1st birthday, and those are the biggest. (So don’t judge me- because she got more “par-tay” than the other kids!)
I actually managed to decorate for this party, with the help of my friend Rachel (who had just thrown a birthday party of her own- so her decorations went straight into my car. Voila!) Thanks Rach!
We had a pool party out at my parents house & decided to do a combined party for J & her cousin L, because they were born just 10 days apart & are the best of friends. (Also, we didn’t want to bore the rest of our family with 2 baby parties in 2 weeks!)
The birthday girls!
Ok, next was Sparky. His birthday is the one that is actually closest to the 4th of July, so he always gets to celebrate with fireworks! And, although he was sung to three times, and received three different cakes, he still doesn’t think he got a party, because he didn’t have a “friend” party, so I owe him an awesome late-night with his bff’s.
And last but not least, Smurfy. He is by far the most easygoing of my kids when it comes to birthday’s. He wouldn’t even have noticed if we celebrated or not. Oh, bless!
But, we took him out to Papa’s pool for a proper party anyway, cause he’s so darn cute.
This was a first. Smurf is so shy & nervous. I never thought he would jump off the diving board. But uncle Kevin spent about an hour working with him on the 4th of July & by his party, he was ready to go!
So there you have it. I made it through all the birthdays with my sanity nearly intact. Who knows if I will survive the next 18 or so July’s, though. I guess we’ll see :)






3 comments:
Happy Birthday Jani, P, and S. Nice job on scorin' the party decorations. So cute and bright and fun. Mandy you always put on a good party and pull out all the stops! I just hope my kids don't find out about it!
Miss you (even tho I was the most boring person to talk to tonight - sorry) and am really excited to spend some quality time with you all next month.
Take care and enjoy PROP.
Oh, so sad! Cant wait to visit you though. Anywho, Jani's room is THE cutest room I have EVER seen in my life! FAB-U-:LOUS! It deserved that many pictures. We miss you. Can you believe the Bach last night? Bently stinks! :)
OK< I just realized I was logged in under Michelle...she was on my computer today. Well...this is RACH and the last comment was from ME! Ya, the one in the towel!
Post a Comment